Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Musing on Masks: The Great Hard Drive Fail

Well, I installed Elder Scrolls Online and everything else on the hard drive is utterly destroyed.  Or rather, missing.  All of the files.  Luckily I still have copies of all of the audio files on the voice recorder but it will take me a bit of time to clean up the silences.  Sorry about that.  Should have one up for you next week.

Also, I don't think that Elder Scrolls Online gobbled up everything else but it is suspicious that it happened at around the same time....

Or maybe the hard drive's periodic fails wiped it before we did the install.

Who knows?

Computers are sometimes magical.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your computer is shredded. Without delving too far into tech at this time of night, might be worth asking a recovery firm or your local friendly techspert if they can recover it - assuming you didn't overwrite everything, which ESO shouldn't be able to. It's normally stuff like adding a new OS that does that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there's anything on there that I don't have elsewhere or can't replace. I keep all my creative works doubled up on various systems, emails, etc. due to that. It'll just slow me down replacing things for the Masks campaign.

      Delete